Front Desk Supervisor
|April 21, 2015 - June 21, 2015|
|Location:||Santa Cruz, CA|
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
Who We Are…
Managed by BPR Properties, The Hotel Paradox is 170-room hotel located in Downtown Santa Cruz, less than a mile from the Beach. The Hotel Paradox welcomes employees into a serene, but whimsical environment where nature is playfully blended with sophisticated style. Paradox prides itself on bringing a chic luxury style hotel into a causal beach setting. To add to the fun, the Hotel Paradox also features a Farm to Table restaurant with an indoor/outdoor bar overlooking a lively pool deck.
BPR Properties is an innovative hospitality company that creates lasting guest experiences through smart, engaging, and creative emplpyees. Our key properties currently reside in Palo Alto, serene Santa Cruz, picturesque Berkeley, and now coming-soon Portland.
What We Look For…
We are looking for a supervisor to be part of a first-class Front Desk Team that provides assistance in the day to day activities of the Front Desk.
The Key Responsibilities
- Handle guest problems/complaints, keeping Front Office Manager informed or deferring guests to Front Office Manager for handling
- Be knowledgeable of all duties performed by the Front Desk Agents including computer and cashier systems, as well as the reservations system including room rates and types of accommodations
- Coordinate staffing and payroll to conform with productivity and budgetary standards
- Monitor associate productivity and reduces staffing as business demands
- Monitors service and teamwork on a regular basis and counsels utilizing one-on-one training skills with associates as needed
- Provide training to new associates at the Front Desk
- Ensure meal breaks are provided for scheduled employees
- Oversee and participate in the prompt and courteous check-in and check-out of customers ensuring they are properly accommodated; ensure that complete and accurate information is documented on guest records, and that payment methods by guests are correct
- Demonstrate correct procedures when greeting guests, checking them in and out, serving taxi requests, and/or directing traffic flow in front of the hotel
- Post all guest charges and payments to guest, master, and house accounts, ensuring such postings and payments are correct
- Be familiar with local restaurants, tourist attractions, events, as well as the physical layout of the hotel, including guest rooms and their locations, facilities, and amenities, and any onsite events in order to be a source of information to guests and confidently sell hotel to prospective guests
The Model Qualifications
- Previous front desk, reservations, and/or hospitality experience preferred
- 1+ year of supervisor experience
Be Bold. Apply Now.
Like what you see? If interested, please apply on (iApplicant link) to be considered for this position.
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.