|November 13, 2014 - January 31, 2015|
|Location:||Santa Cruz, CA|
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Description:||The Hotel Paradox brings a new vibe to Santa Cruz, melding elements of the outdoors to create a lush, contemporary environment. |
The Hotel offers 170 guest rooms, approximately 6,000 sq feet of meeting and event space, vibrant pool scene, fitness center and business center. Solaire Restaurant and Bar features modern American locally sourced, seasonal faire.
The primary function of a Chief Engineer is to assure the overall success of the hotel by meeting or exceeding the guest expectation for working order of mechanical systems.
|Duties:||• Meets and exceeds customer and team member expectations by providing service and by maintaining an organized and efficient Maintenance operation |
• Prepares work schedules in accordance with forecasted occupancy.
• Supervises the day to day activities of maintenance staff.
• Maintains safe working conditions within department and hotel
• Insures that all employees follow safety rules and procedures
• Takes corrective action where required to improve safety of work areas
• Utilizes leadership skills and motivation techniques in order to maximize employee productivity and satisfaction of direct reports
• Selects, orients, and trains new, qualified employees
• Conducts effective employee meetings and counseling sessions
• Implement and manage a lock-out /tag-out policy
• Develop and manage equipment and tool inventory policy and procedure
• Determines, communicates, and monitors achievement of standards of performance on a timely basis
• Conducts inventories as assigned
• Recommends purchases of products; remaining within budget
• Coordinates maintenance work with other departments; Front Office, Housekeeping, Banquets, etc.
• Confers closely with the General Manager at all times and takes every opportunity to become familiar with all aspects of the hotel in order to assist wherever required
• Coordinates staffing and payroll to conform with productivity and budgetary standards
• Prepares payroll and schedules as required
• Monitors actual vs. budget payroll activities
• Assists with yearly budget
• Keeps GM and AGM promptly and fully informed of all problems or unusual matters of significance
• Performs all duties and responsibilities in a timely and efficient manner in accordance with established company policies and procedures to achieve the overall objectives of this position.
• Communicates effectively with customers, co-workers and supervisor.
• Demonstrates teamwork by cooperating and assisting co-workers as needed.
• Supervises the day to day activities of Maintenance team
• Conducts department training on a regular basis
• Monitors service and teamwork on a regular basis and counsels and terminates associates as needed
• Performs other duties as required to provide outstanding customer service and teamwork
• Insures that customer rooms are within the standards of The Hotel Paradox and BPR Properties
|Qualifications:||• 2-4 years maintenance experience|
• 2+ years hospitality experience
• 4+ years Supervisor experience
• Excellent communication of English language, other languages a plus
This position includes weekends & holidays and shift days & hours may vary. This is an exempt position.